Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yet Another Photo Post

I haven't been the best with updates, but in my defense, time moves slow here. As evidence, please have a look at the Mover's Guide I received (below) at the post office in our village when I went looking for a change of address form. You may have to click to enlarge and look more closely. Please note the date of this edition, which is all they had.


Hey, what's a decade between friends?

Anyway, below are some photos I have taken over the past few weeks. I haven't taken nearly as many as I did at the start of our time here, but then your interest was waning anyhow. Just kidding - there are many more adventures to come.

Andrew at the Mermaid Tavern. This is where he has enjoyed helping brew beer, and where we've both enjoyed a few relaxing afternoons.

Andrew at Polaris Point after the fireworks. Did I mention that the 4th of July celebration was hosted at the Naval Base and dubbed the "Freedom Rocks!" celebration? Classic.

My "Heaven's Scent" Gardenia, with its first bloom. It smells just like the ones at Great Grandma Abbott's house : ) I'm so happy to finally be able to grow some! They never bloomed in Colorado, and were eventually eaten by deer. Next to it, not pictured, is the Paper Gardenia.




Who bothers trying to take pictures of fireworks? I do. Why? I don't know. And later that night, I learned that my camera actually has a "fireworks" setting. I guess I'm not the only goof who tries it. Better luck next year.

We finally checked out the beach on base, and found it to be very crabby. This is the largest crab I have seen yet, slightly obstructed by grass. Center of the photo. There were hundreds of them, mostly tiny.

Here's the view of the beach from the top of the road that leads to it.






These are all from a "scenic overlook" on Andersen (base). The area you can see is called Tarague, and you can't tell from the photo, but Rota, another of the Marianas Islands, can be seen off on the horizon from this vantage point as well.

No comments: