Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Things have been busy, as evidenced by the lack of updates. We've really been enjoying settling into our home and getting used to life here. Our things arrived on Monday last week, and it seems that only one box is missing. I hope it's found before too long! Andrew's truck arrived around the same time.

I've quit my job already, for a wide variety of reasons, but I look forward to having a proper teacher's summer off for the next month or so. Andrew has gotten very involved with a brew pub here on the island and has spent the past few Sunday mornings helping with their weekly brew. He has had the chance to go scuba diving once, and this past weekend both of us went out snorkeling together.

We saw fireworks down south on the Navy base for the 4th of July. We went to see our first live show, which was a brilliantly cheesy dance performance from Korea called Ballerina Who Loves B Boy. My favorite part of the title is the complete absence of articles. It was amazing however, and involved some very impressive break dancing. We've really just been trying to get situated and enjoy ourselves.

I'll post more photos later, but what I did do was take a video of a normal drive around here to give an idea of that side of things. It's not particularly exciting, but you can see what the road is like in Guam.



No comments: