Saturday, June 20, 2009

We found a house!!

We have gone out several times looking at houses and we finally made a decision!

We are moving to a subdivision just a few minutes from the base next week. The house is almost brand new and it's lovely. It has a GREAT kitchen with an island, a wine rack, a bar, and the works. It also has a jacuzzi tub in the master bathroom, which I am thrilled about, and a two car garage. We will definitely need visitors - so come and see us!

I didn't get a picture of our house yet -those are yet to come. Here's one from the net of another house that's just the same, with a more mature yard.

One thing we have found out in this whole house-hunting process is that the USPS only operates here in a limited fashion. The majority of homes do not receive mail delivery. So, once we have turned our lease in to the mail office on base and they have confirmed with the postal service that they won't deliver to us at home, they'll give us a box there.

I myself am learning that there is a whole lot of paperwork and wait time involved in everything when one deals with the military.

I also got a job, which is why I'm so slow to update things with everyone right now. I'm bartending on the strip in Tumon, where our hotel is. I'm not sure how well that will go when we get in our house, but right now it's going into the fund for school in the fall, and it's keeping me from going stir crazy.

No comments: