Sunday, June 14, 2009

More Photos!

Finally, I am able to upload pictures, but I have little time to tell you anything about them. Here they are ...

The above photos were taken across the street from the University of Guam, in the village of Mangilao.


This is right near our hotel. It's one of the prettiest Flame Trees I've seen (the one with the red flowers).


This is the only underpass on the island, I am told.


They have paintball, too!









All of the above pictures are from Agana Beach, a bit south of where we're staying. So beautiful! It's surrounded by jungle, which I need to explore soon.


There was a bit of concern over whether or not I would be able to find vegan food over here. It is so easy! The grocery store (which is 24 hours!), called Pay Less has more vegan treats than any conventional grocery I've been to the in the states (including my favorite guilty pleasure - Cookie Dough ice cream made with coconut milk). Above is a photo of my favorite restaurant meal thus far. It's a grilled vegetable plate from the Jamaican Grill. The red rice is a traditional Chamorro dish, found about everywhere. It's delicious!


There are a whole lot of lizards everywhere, which I love! I was particularly excited when we came out to our car in a parking garage and there was a gecko hanging out on my door.

There are also some beautiful spiders!

1 comment:

Monica / Ms. Monica / Ms. Mockina / Mika / Mommyka said...

Beautiful. I also love the trees with the red flowers. When you figure out the name, let me know! That plate of food looks deliiiiicious; do you think it would mail well? :)